Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation maintains and operates many parks throughout the county, and while many of these are desirable for still photographers and filmmakers for backdrops and film footage, a permit is required for any commercial activity. Photography for non-commercial personal purposes is encouraged as a means of enhancing visitor enjoyment.
1. Photographers/film makers must provide proof of insurance coverage (Certificate of Insurance)
2. Park Rules/Park Ordinances: All activities must be in compliance with the park rules and ordinances
3. Patron Use: Activities may not interfere in any way with patron's use of any park property or buildings
1. Effective November 1, 2010, Permit fees are as follows:
- Motion Picture, Motion Television, or Video: $150/day
- Still photography: $75.00/day
- Additional fee for expedited processing if less than 48 hrs processing time is required. (Late applications processed at the discretion GCPR): $75.00
- Fees are for commercial use, during regular park hours
There is no fee for non-commercial personal use photography at any of the parks.
2. Other fees may apply for reserving or blocking off certain areas during filming or for use of the park as a production base. It is up to GCPR to determine waiver of fees based on the promotional value to the department.
If you require assistance in obtaining a permit or have any additional questions, please contact:
For all filming
requests for locations outside of Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation
facilities, please visit www.gwinnettentertainment.org.