Gwinnett County, in collaboration with Gwinnett Place and Gwinnett Village Community Improvement Districts (CID) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), are undertaking the I‑85 Corridor Alternatives Analysis Study – I-85 Transit Study – to analyze I-85 corridor traffic in the Gwinnett County region. The study will consider a variety of routes and transit options, such as bus rapid transit, light rail, and commuter rail, to improve regional and local mobility and accessibility.
This I-85 Transit Study follows FTA study guidelines and will potentially qualify for federal funds within the Federal New Starts/Small Starts programs. Major tasks within the study process include:
- Establishing the purpose and need
- Developing, analyzing, and evaluating alternatives
- Interacting with the public, local elected officials, and other stakeholders
- Developing funding and financing strategies
- Selecting a preferred alternative
June 21, 2012 PAC Meeting Agenda (PDF)