Welcome to the Gwinnett County Police Department
Citizens Online Police Reporting System
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Only certain types of reports may be filed. If you can answer yes to all of the following, then you may file an online report using this system.
- The incident occurred in Gwinnett County. There is an exception for Identity Fraud (you only have to reside in Gwinnett County to file an Identity Fraud report - it is not necessary to know exactly where it occurred). When making a report for identity fraud, the incident should also be reported to IC³, the Internet Crime Complaint Center. This ensures that information on your case reaches all of the appropriate jurisdictions. Follow the link below to file a report with IC³.
- The incident did not occur inside a city inside the County with its own police department:
- There are no known suspects (description and/or name) or suspect vehicle descriptions (tag numbers).
- There is no physical evidence to collect or process.
- You are reporting one of the following incidents:
- Theft by Taking (general theft).
- Entering Auto (theft from a vehicle).
- Identity Fraud (use of individual or business information to commit a financial crime).
- Criminal Trespass (vandalism or damage to property $500 or less).
- Criminal Damage to Property in the Second Degree (vandalism or damage to property greater than $500 with no danger to human life or involving a utility like water, gas, or power).
- Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property.
- The incident is not regarding the theft or loss of ID and/or identification documents (passports, consular ID) issued by foreign governments.
- The theft of a firearm is not involved.
If the incident occurred outside of Gwinnett County or within the city limits of one of the above cities, you must contact the agency in that jurisdiction. If you have an incident that does not fit the above criteria, or you still desire an officer to contact you or come to your location, then please call the non-emergency number: 770-513-5700.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Please remember that filing a false police report is a crime.
Start Online Report
(Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.)