It's not too late for a flu shot
– January 26, 2018
The Gwinnett County Health Department reminds you that it’s 2018 but you should still get your annual flu shot. Flu season can run as late as May and getting a flu shot is still the best way to avoid flu or at least minimize its effects. No appointment is necessary at these locations and they accept most major insurance. Visit www.GNRHealth.com for more information.
Buford Health Center
2755 Sawnee Avenue, Buford (770.614.2401)
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and 8:00am – 7:00pm Monday and Thursday
Lawrenceville Health Center
455 Grayson Highway, Lawrenceville (770.339.4283)
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday, Thursday, Friday and 8:00am – 7:00pm Tuesday and Wednesday
Norcross Health Center
5030 Georgia Belle Court, Norcross (770.638.5700)
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 8:00am – 7:00pm Tuesday and Thursday
Other steps you can take:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand cleanser
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Stay home when you’re sick and keep sick children home
- Don’t share utensils, drinking glasses, towels or other personal items.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough then put used tissues in the trash and wash your hands. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve if you have no tissue.