Firefighters responded at 4:02 p.m., to a report of a garage fire behind a house in the 4700 block of Bill Cheek Road, NE in (unincorporated) Auburn.  The caller to 9-1-1 reported smoke and flames visible. 

Crews arrived to find heavy fire showing from the second-story addition of a detached garage.  Firefighters quickly deployed attack hose lines and went inside to extinguish the fire and conduct a primary search.  There was no one found inside the garage and no injuries were reported.  According to firefighters, there was no dedicated power or gas to the structure.  It appears that a drop cord was run from the main-house to the garage to provide power. 

Per Fire Investigators, the blaze appears accidental and was sparked by an overloaded circuit that was being powered by the drop cord.  The blaze caused extensive damage.      

EQUIPMENT AT THE SCENE INCLUDED: 1-Engine, 1-Ladder Truck, 1-Squad, 1-Medic- Unit, 1-Battalion Chief and 2-Fire Investigators

Back to previous page