CELEBRATE THE SPOOKY SEASON WITH FAMILY FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN EVENTS
(Lawrenceville, Ga., Oct. 17, 2018) — Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation has so many ways to celebrate the haunting season. Some are spine-chilling and others are educational but all are family friendly:
- Creatures of the Night Festival is on Oct. 18, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center, 2020 Clean Water Drive, Buford 30519. Experience the wonders of nocturnal animals and their amazing adaptations to nature with night treks, live animal presentations and more. All ages, $5 per person. Preregister by Oct. 17 with code EHC41601 or call 770-904-3500.
- Bogan Kid’s Club: A Mystery to Solve is on Oct. 18, from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Bogan Park Aquatic Center, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford 30519. Have a fun night at the pool learning about unique and special pets for an evening of swimming, games, crafts, dinner and fun. Ages 6 to 12, $8 per child. Register online with code BOP45906 or call 678-277-0853.
- Party Like a MonSTAR is on Oct. 18, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee 30024. Dress up and come to play games, have a costume contest and do the Monster Mash. Ages 4 and up, $11 per person. Preregister by Oct. 16 with code GPP41602 or call 678-277-0910.
- Trick-or-Treat Trail is on Oct. 19, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Rhodes Jordan Park, Pavilion #3, 100 East Crogan Street, Lawrenceville 30046. Have a hauntingly delightful time at this free family friendly event! Wear your costume, collect candy at the haunted houses and play games. All ages, pre-register online to reserve your spot with code RJP41603 or call 678-277-0890.
- Pumpkin Hunt & Hayride is on Oct. 19, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth 30096. Bring the family and flashlights for an evening of spooktacular excitement. Wicked prize hunt, hayride, bounce house and more. Preregister by Oct. 16 online with code SHP41612, all ages, $6 per person or $20 per family of 4 with code SHP41613. For more information, call 678-277-0906.
- Spooktacular Bingo is on Oct. 23, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Shorty Howell Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth 30096. Bring your favorite soup or salad ingredient and enjoy a morning of Bingo with some spooktacular treats. Ages 50 and older, $5 per person. Preregister online by Oct. 21 with code SHP42904 or call 678-277-0906.
- Walk Among the Stars is on Oct. 24, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Collins Hill Park, 2225 Collins Hill Road, Lawrenceville 30043. Celebrate National Lights on Afterschool at this free event for all ages with costumes, games, crafts, inflatables and more. Visit www.livehealthygwinnett.com or call 770-822-3197 for more information.
- Gourd Monsters & Mocktails is Oct. 25, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Prime Timers Pointe at George Pierce Park, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee 30024. Create a spooktacular masterpiece while enjoying mocktails and tasty treats! All instructions and materials provided. Ages 50 and older, $5 per person. Preregister by Oct. 22 online with code GPP41901 or call 678-277-0910.
- Escape the Room: Teen Edition is on Oct. 25, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Rhodes Jordan Park Community Recreation Center, 100 East Crogan Street, Lawrenceville 30046. Help solve the mystery, beat the clock and escape. Ages 11 to 14, $10 per person. Preregister by Oct. 21 online with code RJP41605 or call 678-277-0890.
- Super Hero Costume Party is on Oct. 26, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Lilburn Activity Building, 788 Hillcrest Road, Lilburn 30047. Come to this free event dressed as your favorite hero for an afternoon of fun, games, music and more. All ages welcome. Preregister to reserve your spot online with LAB41620 or call 678-277-0875.
- Fall Into Halloween is on Oct. 26, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Lucky Shoals Park Community Recreation Center, 4651 Britt Road, Norcross 30093. A Halloween festival complete with crafts, games, costume contests and a haunted surprise for everyone. All ages, $3 per person. Preregister online with code LSP41610 or call 678-277-0860.
- Harvest Homecoming is on Oct. 26, from noon to 4 p.m. at McDaniel Farm Park, 3251 McDaniel Road, Duluth 30096. A free event with a special trip to the farm for games, face painting and tours. See the furry farm friends, enjoy a hayride, visit vendors and sample some tasty s’mores. All ages, preregister online with code MFP41690 or call 770-822-5450.
- Trail of Terror is on Oct. 26, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Vines Park, 3500 Oak Grove Road, Loganville 30052. Get your chills and thrills as you experience the shadowy and sinister Phantom Village. All ages, $5 per person. Preregister online with code EXT41700 or call 678-377-4010.
- Underwater Pumpkin Patch is on Oct. 26, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Bethesda Park Aquatic Center, 225 Bethesda Church Road, Lawrenceville 30044. Come find your perfect pumpkin in the pool patch to decorate for our pumpkin contest. All ages, $8 per person. Preregister online by Oct. 18 with code BEP41101 or call 678-277-0880.
- Spooktacular Skate Party is on Oct. 26 from, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Pinckneyville Park Hockey Rink, 4758 South Old Peachtree Road, Peachtree Corners 30071. Create ghoulish crafts, roast marshmallows, participate in a costume contests and more! Free to attend, bring your skates and have some fun. Additional fees may apply. All ages, preregister online with code PVP41690 or call 678-277-0920.
- Evening with Edgar Allan Poe is on Oct. 26, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Lawrenceville Female Seminary, 455 South Perry Street, Lawrenceville 30046. Get into the spooky season with one of the most renowned writers to hear tales that will make your blood run cold! Ages 16 and up, $26 per person. Preregister by Oct. 20 online with code LFS41402 or call 770-822-5178.
- Boo Bingo and Potluck is on Oct. 31, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Bethesda Park Senior Center, 225 Bethesda Church Road, Lawrenceville 30044. Dress up in your best Halloween costume, bring a frightfully good potluck dish and enjoy a round of Boo Bingo! Ages 50 and up, $6 per person. Preregister Oct. 29 online with code BEP41908 or call 678-277-0179.