GWINNETT COUNTY CLOSES ALL OFFICES MONDAY IN ANTICIPATION OF HURRICANE IRMA IMPACT
(Lawrenceville, Ga., Sept. 10, 2017) – Gwinnett County is gearing up for Hurricane Irma’s arrival and announces closings and cancellations in anticipation of the storm’s impact.
Courts Trials and Hearings and County Government Offices Closed: Due to inclement weather conditions forecasted for Monday, Sept. 11 Gwinnett County courts trials and hearings are cancelled and all County government offices, with the exception of those operations required for the comfort and safety of residents, will be closed.
All libraries, aquatic centers, community recreation centers, gyms, senior center, plus fields and natural surface trails located in parks, also will be closed
Solid Waste Services: Solid Waste services are cancelled for the Monday, Sept. 11 and Tuesday, Sept. 12 service schedules. Further updates will be posted when they are available. Residents who live in a city should contact their city to find out if trash and recycling will be delayed due to the weather.
Gwinnett County Transit: Gwinnett County Transit will not run express service on Monday Sept. 11, 2017. GCT local service will begin on regular schedule but will end service based on the schedule below provided conditions do not worsen sooner than forecasted.
- Route 10A Leave Sugarloaf 12:30 p.m., Leave Doraville 12:35 p.m.
- Route 10B Leave Sugarloaf 12:45 p.m., Leave Doraville 12:50 p.m.
- Route 20 Leave Beaver Ruin 12:45 p.m., Leave Doraville 12:45 p.m.
- Route 30 Leave Live Oak 12:23 p.m., Leave Doraville 12:20 p.m.
- Route 35 Leave Forum 12:50 p.m., Leave Doraville 12:55 p.m.
- Route 40 Leave Five Forks 12:22 p.m., Leave Doraville 12:20 p.m.
Paratransit service will also end at 1 p.m. after which service will be limited to medical trips only
Please check the Gwinnett County Transit website at www.gctransit.com or call GCT Customer Service 770-822-5010 for up-to-date schedule information.
Senior Centers: All Health and Human Services senior centers will be closed Monday, Sept. 11:
- Buford Senior Center (currently hosted in Lawrenceville due to renovations)
- Centerville Senior Center
- Lawrenceville Senior Center
- Norcross Senior Center
Home Delivered Meals: Home-delivered meals will not be operating on Monday, Sept. 11. Shelf-ready meals to cover several days were delivered with Friday's service to our seniors.
Check www.gwinnettcounty.com or follow Gwinnet Police on Twitter (@GwinnettPd) for continued updates.