GWINNETT COUNTY EXPANDS LOCATIONS FOR SUMMER MEALS PROGRAM
(Lawrenceville, Ga., June 23, 2020) – Starting Wednesday, Gwinnett County’s Summer Meals Program will expand to 11 more locations for free grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches for children 18 years old and younger. The program allows parents, caregivers or community groups to pick up nutritious meals for children to take home, or children can pick up their own meals. Registration is not required.
Meals can now be picked up between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. while supplies last at:
- Alexander Park, 800 Old Snellville Highway, Lawrenceville
- Bogan Park, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford
- Collins Hill Park, 2225 Collins Hill Road, Lawrenceville
- Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Auburn Avenue, Dacula
- E. E. Robinson Park, 885 Level Creek Road, Sugar Hill
- George Pierce Park, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee
- Harbins Park, 2995 Luke Edwards Road, Dacula
- Mountain Park Activity Building, 1063 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain
- OneStop Buford, 2755 Sawnee Avenue, Buford
- Peachtree Ridge Park, 3170 Suwanee Creek Road, Suwanee
- South Gwinnett Park, 2115 McGee Road, Snellville
In addition, the Five Forks Branch Library at 2780 Five Forks-Trickum Road in Lawrenceville will serve meals as part of the program starting Monday, July 6.
Emergency meal kits and information is also made available at each of the summer meals sites for residents ages 60 and older who need assistance with hunger, health or mobility issues.
For more information about summer meals or a list of all the sites, visit GwinnettSummerMeals.com or call 770-822-8840. Residents who would like to volunteer to assist with distribution of the Summer Meals Program can apply at VolunteerGwinnett.net.