Toddler Treks, guided outdoor adventures. Ages 18 months to 3 years.Register today!
Environmental and Heritage Center
Environmental and Heritage Center
- Toddler Treks, guided outdoor adventures. Ages 18 months to 3 years.
- Swing into Science. A free fun adventure about the secret science of your parks!
- Freeman Mill Tours! Exhibit opening tours on Saturday, August 29, 8:00am – noon or by reservation.
- Enjoy your parks safely!
- Be a dino tracker and explore Gwinnett’s parks! Rawr!
- Visit one of Gwinnett’s parks virtually! Nature trips, historic visits, and dino discoveries are just a click away.
Swing into Science. A free fun adventure about the secret science of your parks!Learn More
Freeman Mill Tours! Exhibit opening tours on Saturday, August 29, 8:00am – noon or by reservation.Schedule one today!
Enjoy your parks safely!More Info
Be a dino tracker and explore Gwinnett’s parks! Rawr!More Info
Visit one of Gwinnett’s parks virtually! Nature trips, historic visits, and dino discoveries are just a click away.More Info
Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center
The center is used as a multi-use history, culture, heritage, and environment facility. Located on a 233 wooded acres near the Mall of Georgia, the center features interactive exhibits, walking trails and greenways, unique rental spaces, gift shop, and is a model of innovative green building techniques.
The center was Gwinnett County’s first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified green building and has one of the nation’s largest, sloped, vegetated roofs.
Hours of Operation
M, W, F, Sa – 9:00am to 4:00pm
TU, TH – 9:00am to 8:00pm
Closed on Sunday
dawn to dusk
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
Certain park areas closed
In an evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic, certain areas within parks are closed. Residents are encouraged to enjoy the outdoors for exercise and mental and physical health, while following social distancing guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Things to know before you go
- Water fountains are closed; bring your own water to stay hydrated.
- Maximum capacity of 25 at any amenity such as pavilions, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, playgrounds, skate parks, or ball fields.
- Use a "Leave No Trace" mentality. Bring a suitable trash bag and take everything out to help protect others.
- Follow CDC guidelines such as:
- Practice social distancing; maintain a distance of six feet or more between people from different households at all times.
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently; carry hand sanitizer.
- Practice coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Wear a face covering as much as possible when in public.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Avoid gathering with others not in your household.
- Pavilion Rental and Usage Guidelines:
- Maximum occupancy: 25
- No use of shared equipment, such as bounce houses or inflatable slides.
- Tennis Court and Outdoor Pickleball Court Guidelines:
- Players should use their own ball and avoid touching other player’s sports equipment
- When playing doubles, avoid all incidental contact.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet, or other equipment.
- Use racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent.
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends of the court.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- Dog Park Guidelines
- Limit 25 people or 25 dogs in each area.
- No toys or balls allowed.
- Only let your dog drink from their own bowl.
Visitors to the park amenities such as basketball or sand volleyball courts, ball fields, playgrounds,trails, dog parks, skate areas, tennis/pickleball courts, fishing areas, disc golf courses, outdoor walking tracks, horseshoe pits, bocce ball courts, open meadows, or Collins Hill Golf Course should comply with posted guidelines.
At this time, only lap swimming and individual exercise are available in a limited capacity at Bogan Park Aquatic Center, Collins Hill Park Aquatic Center, Mountain Park Aquatic Center, Bethesda Park Aquatic Center, and West Gwinnett Park Aquatic Center. Time slots will be available for one hour increments. Please call your desired facility to check for availability and schedule your appointment. Walk up admissions are not permitted. No leisure pools are open at this time.
Virtual Park Experience
Enjoy a virtual visit to the park and discover something new!
Mission and Vision
The vision of the Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center is to:
- Develop an exemplary, high-tech cultural center known for hands-on science exhibits and quality educational programming that inspires visitors to become better stewards of our environment
- To transform the concepts of science and history into interactive, learn-by-doing experiences that will encourage a visitor’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder about themselves and the world around them.