Development Authority of Gwinnett County
The Development Authority was established June 13, 1972 by resolution of the Commissioners of Roads and Revenues of Gwinnett County pursuant to the Development Authorities Law of Georgia. The Authority consists of seven members with four members to be appointed from each of the four respective commission districts and three to be appointed by the Chairman.
- Members serve four-year staggered terms
- Members are not compensated, but will be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred with the performance of their duties
The Development Authority meets as needed and when held are at 4:30pm at 6500 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097. Special meetings are called as needed.
No specific qualifications or training required.
- To develop and promote, for the public good and general welfare, trade, commerce, industry and employment opportunities in Gwinnett County
- To acquire, construct, improve or modify industrial facilities, water pollution control facilities, sewerage disposal facilities or solid waste disposal facilities, facilities useful in the transportation of persons or property, sports facilities, convention facilities, lodging facilities, office facilities, communication facilities, research and development facilities, nursing home or intermediate care homes
- To purchase or lease property and to franchise as necessary
- To appoint, select and employ to include engineering, architectural/construction experts, fiscal agents and attorneys and set their compensation
- To make contracts and leases and execute same
- To construct, repair, add to, improve and manage projects from proceeds of revenue bonds
- To accept loans/grants
- To have a seal
- To borrow money for corporate purposes and to issue revenue bonds
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Chairman's Appointment||Richard Chandler||06/13/2024|
|Chairman's Appointment||Chairperson||Jeff Mahaffey||06/13/2022|
|Chairman's Appointment||Secretary||David Leonard||06/13/2024|
|District 1 Appointment||John Martin||06/13/2024|
|District 2 Appointment||Vice Chairperson||L.C. Johnson||06/13/2022|
|District 3 Appointment||Bobby Richburg||06/13/2024|
|District 4 Appointment||Mark Merritt||06/13/2022|