Gwinnett County Record Restriction Summit
Join Us At Our Free Community Event
Saturday, October 19, 2019
8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
What is record restriction or expungement?
Georgia’s new law (effective July 1, 2013), now refers to expungement as “record restriction.” Record restriction increased the type of cases that were available for restriction. Record restriction means that eligible records on your criminal history report are restricted from public view. Yet the records are available to law enforcement for criminal justice and employment purposes.
Your Criminal Record may be restricted if:
- Arrested in Gwinnett County Jurisdiction
- Must not be Convicted/Found Guilty at Trial
- Did NOT plead Guilty/Nolo Contendere
- Certain Misdemeanors while under the Age of 21
- Completed a Pre-Trial Diversion Program
- Completed “First Offender” Case
Solicitor fax, phone, and mailing address
Pre-Registration is required:
To complete the application, please fill out the form below and submit it to the Gwinnett County Solicitor Office.
Gwinnett County Record Restriction Summit Registration Form