Gwinnett County Record Restriction Summit
Join Us At Our Free Community Event
Friday, March 20
4:00pm – 8:00pm
What is record restriction or expungement?
Georgia’s new law (effective July 1, 2013), now refers to expungement as “record restriction.” Record restriction increased the type of cases that were available for restriction. Record restriction means that eligible records on your criminal history report are restricted from public view. Yet the records are available to law enforcement for criminal justice and employment purposes.
Your Criminal Record may be restricted if:
- Arrested in Gwinnett County Jurisdiction
- Must not be Convicted/Found Guilty at Trial
- Did NOT plead Guilty/Nolo Contendere
- Certain Misdemeanors while under the Age of 21
- Completed a Pre-Trial Diversion Program
- Completed “First Offender” Case
Pre-Registration is required:
To complete the application, please fill out the form below and submit it to the Gwinnett County Solicitor Office.
Please bring a form of government-issued identification when you submit the application.Solicitor fax, phone, and mailing address