Regulations for Developers
The Department of Water Resources (DWR) works closely with the Department of Planning and Development to provide resources for developers, businesses, and industries interested in working within Gwinnett County. Use the dropdown selections below to find the forms and information for your needs. If you have any questions, please contact DWR or Planning and Development.
Codes and Ordinances
Gwinnett County's municipal codes and ordinances are located on an external site called Municode.
Maps and GIS
Water and Sewer Maps and As-Built Records are available on the GIS Data Browser.
Rates and Fees
- 2019 Water and Sewer Rates and Fees
- 2019 Water and Sewer Rate Resolution
- Utility Resolution (November 2005)
Standards and Policies
- Water and Sewer Standards (April 2016)
- Storm Sewer Pipe Standards (May 2018)
- Developer Pump Station Standards (January 2014)
- Sewer Petition Policy
- Sewer Capacity Certification Form
- Variance Request Form
- Easement Encroachment Agreement
- Private Development Policy Document – Condos, Townhomes, Subdivisions (September 2018)
- Private Development Policy Document – Apartments (September 2018)
- Developer Contractor Application
- For Water and Sewer Availability Letters, contact the DWR Infrastructure Support Section at 678.376.7139.
- For Plan Reviews, Permitting, and Variances, contact the Planning & Development Utility Plan Review Section at 678.518.6000.
- For Fire Flow Testing, contact DWR Field Operations at 678.376.7000.
Industrial Pretreatment Program
For questions about Gwinnett County’s Industrial Pretreatment Program, please contact Cindy Keel at 678.376.6944.
Submit Back Flow Device Test Data Maintenance Reports online here
- Backflow Prevention Manual (September 2007)
- Approved backflow installation contractors
- Approved backflow device testers
- Device test data and maintenance form
- Gwinnett County Approved Testers Application
- Frequently Asked Questions
For questions about backflow, email DWR_Backflow@gwinnettcounty.com or call 678.376.4213.
Manuals and Other Documents