Career from Here
Career from Here Hiring Event
Page Content Portlet
Save the date!
Career from Here Hiring Event
Friday March 17
9:00am to 3:00pm
Gas South Convention Center
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Stay tuned for more information here and on social media @GwinnettGov in the coming weeks.
Career From Here: Countywide Hiring Event
Start a new career with Gwinnett!
Gwinnett County Government offers rewarding career opportunities in a variety of fields.
Attend the Career From Here Hiring Event on Friday, March 17 from 9:00am to 3:00pm at the Gas South Convention Center, located at 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.
Learn about career opportunities with Gwinnett County, interview with County representatives, have your resume reviewed, and learn from current employees about how you can thrive with Gwinnett.
Discover opportunities in:
- Animal Services
- Clerical and Data Entry
- Community Services
- Communications and Marketing
- Construction Trades
- Customer Service
- Emergency Services
- Finance and Accounting
- Food Services
- Grounds and Landscaping
- Information Technology
- Public Safety
- Trades (Field Operations/Electrical/Plumbing/HVAC and more)
- Water Treatment
- Youth and Senior Services
Gwinnett offers competitive pay, benefits, paid training, educational incentives for certain positions, tuition reimbursement, career advancement, and so much more!
For certain positions, several County departments will interview candidates throughout the event with the goal of extending conditional job offers.
Apply in advance to save time
Check GCGA.US/HiringEvents to see the list of jobs eligible for on-site interviews. Applying in advance is not required and walk-ins are welcome.
If you are interested in a position that is not eligible for on site interviews, you are welcome to still attend the job fair to meet with department representatives.
Preparing for the hiring event
Career From Here gives job candidates the unique opportunity to meet Gwinnett County Government employees face to face, discover the vast number of jobs available, and in some cases, receive a conditional job offer the same day.
Follow these recommendations to prepare for the hiring event:
- Update your resume
- Review your resume to make sure it’s relevant to the positions available at the hiring event
- Make changes to highlight how you have the required skillset
- Proofread to correct any mistakes
- Practice your answers
- Practice your elevator pitch! How would you share personal and professional background in one minute or less?
- Review examples of interview questions you may be asked and questions you can ask
- Be prepared with examples of your work, if applicable to the job
- Tie your answers back to your skills and accomplishments
- Plan your interview attire the night before
- Having your outfit planned will help you remain calm while preparing to attend the hiring event
- Bring copies of your resume, a notebook, and a pen
- Bring at least five copies of your resume to make the most of your experience