2020 property tax
bills mailed, due December 1
– October 1, 2020
Tax Commissioner Richard Steele announced that this year’s property tax bills will be mailed to property owners by October 1 with payment due December 1.
Watch this video to learn how your property taxes are calculated.
For property owners with an escrow account, tax information will be made available to the mortgage company; however, it is ultimately the responsibility of the property owner to ensure taxes are paid by the due date. If there are questions about who will pay the taxes, homeowners should contact their mortgage company directly, especially if their mortgage company has recently changed.
Ways to pay include:
- Pay online via e-check
- Pay via debit card (incurs a flat $3.95 fee; credit cards and PayPal incur a 2.25 percent fee)
- Schedule payments in advance as long as the total is paid by the due date
- Mail checks to P.O. Box 372, Lawrenceville, Georgia, 30046
- Drop off checks 24/7 in drop boxes located at every tag office
- Pay in person with cash, check, money order, debit card ($3.95 flat fee) or credit card (2.25 percent fee) during stated business hours at any Gwinnett Tax Commissioner’s Office. Check wait times in advance: GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com/wait
More details are available online at GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com.