Join the Census Bureau and earn money while helping your community
– June 6, 2019
The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people across the nation, including Gwinnett County, to assist with the 2020 Census count.
Jobs include census takers, recruiting assistants, office staff, and supervisory staff. To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years old, have a valid Social Security number, and be a U.S. citizen. The Census Bureau offers up to $20 per hour for census takers, competitive wages, flexible hours, weekly paychecks, and paid training.
The U.S. Constitution requires a head count of the country every 10 years. The census results are used by government and the private sector for multiple purposes, including:
- Redistricting at the national, state, and local level
- Distributing billions of dollars in federal and state funds
- Analyzing local economic and demographic trends
- Planning investments and local risks
- Land use planning
- Planning transportation projects
- Designing facilities for people with disabilities, the elderly, or children
To learn more about job details and how to apply, visit 2020census.gov/jobs.