U.S. Census data is used extensively by the government, business, academics
– October 3, 2019
The U.S. Census, the 10-year head count of every person in America, is used extensively by the government in setting policy and allocating resources, by the private sector in making business decisions, and by academics to study sociology, history, trends, and other aspects of our country.
The census is an invaluable tool for:
- Redistricting at the national, state, and local level
- Distributing billions of dollars in federal and state funds
- Analyzing local economic and demographic trends
- Planning investments and local risks
- Planning transportation projects
- Making business relocation decisions
Because the census has such broad implications for Gwinnett County, it is important for all residents in Gwinnett to participate. For more information, visit www.2020Census.gov.