SMOKE ALARM ALERTS FAMILY TO KITCHEN FIRE ON VILLA DRIVE IN LILBURN

Lilburn, Ga., April 3, 2021) – A Saturday afternoon house fire caused extensive damage to a home on Villa Drive in Lilburn. The blaze broke out at 2:27 p.m. and was brought under control at 2:53 p.m. The fire appears accidental and originated from food cooking unattended in an air fryer in the kitchen. The occupants were alerted by the smoke alarm and escaped unharmed.

Cooking is a leading cause of residential fires. Protect your family and home by practicing fire safety every day. Install working smoke alarms and develop a home fire escape plan. Keep a portable fire extinguisher close at hand to douse a small fire. Find out more about home fire safety programs at www.gwinnettfire.org or email fireprograms@gwinnettcounty.com.

###

Back to previous page