(Lawrenceville, Ga., Jan. 30, 2021) – Firefighters extinguished a fire Saturday afternoon at a two-story townhome on the 800 block of Windy Hill Pointe in Lawrenceville. Crews found heavy smoke showing from the unit in the center of the building on arrival at 3:36 p.m. The occupants were already outside when fire trucks arrived and no injuries were reported.

The blaze was contained to the one unit and caused moderate damage. The fire appears accidental and is believed to have started from the water heater in the utility closet. The flames spread via the HVAC chase and the subfloor system. The American Red Cross was contacted to assist 4-adults and 3-children displaced by the damage. The fire was declared under control at 3:48 p.m.

Practice fire safety every day. Install working smoke alarms and develop a home fire escape plan. For additional information on fire safety, please contact the Gwinnett Fire Community Risk Reduction Division at 678.518.4845 or email  


Back to previous page