Page Content Portlet
It is anticipated that the following goals will be achieved through this program:
- Knowledge: Improving participants' understanding of local government while learning more about community issues and concerns.
- Participants get a hands-on, behind-the-scenes look at how services and programs are provided.
- Participants better understand what is needed to run a county.
- Involvement: Improving the quality and quantity of citizen participation with an emphasis on underrepresented communities in local government.
- Participants learn how they can be more involved.
- Many participants go on to become volunteers, including service on an appointed advisory board or committee.
- Engagement: Improving the lines of communication and relationship between residents, business owners, students, and their local government.
- Participants have the opportunity to connect with community leaders of all backgrounds.
- Participants and County officials create relationships that foster enhanced communication.