Residents interested in participating in the academy must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older and be a resident and/or business owner in Gwinnett, or attend a Gwinnett college or university
- Have an interest in learning about county government
- Attend all sessions (Maximum of two excused absences with make-up during the next session). Participants are required to attend Orientation and Graduation.
- Due to the limited slots, we will only accommodate one applicant per household.
- Employees wishing to apply to the program must receive written department approval.
In order to get the optimal experience from the Gwinnett Citizens Academy, participants are expected to attend all sessions. Participants may only miss two sessions to graduate from the program. The Orientation and Graduation are required.