Page Content Portlet
- If you have lost a pet, please check the Available Pets tab frequently as this site is updated throughout the day.
- If you find your pet's photo under the Available Pets option, please call 770.339.3200 so we can reunite you as soon as possible (fees may apply).
- If a pet is microchipped or has an identification tag, the owner will be contacted to reclaim her pet. Owners will be required to show photo identification (driver’s license or Georgia ID) and proof of pet ownership, such as veterinary records.
Unfortunately, animal tags are often lost or removed, making it difficult to reunite with the owners.
- If your pet is missing and you have not seen its photo in our gallery, we recommended that you visit the center. Animals at the center without identification are considered stray and are held three days prior to being offered for adoption.
We do not post photos of injured animals on our website due to their graphic nature.
- If you have lost a pet and do not see it among the Available Pets photographs, please call 770.339.3200 to provide a description and the address where the pet was last seen so that our customer service representatives can provide information or photographs for any pets matching your criteria.
Lost pet flyers can be placed at the Bill Atkinson Animal Welfare Center and staff can refer social media and websites such as PetFBI.org that can be effective tools in searching for lost pets.
The best way to ensure reuniting with your furry family member is to have them microchipped!
Finding Stray or Nuisance Animals
Homeowners can legally capture the animal, if the animal is provided with adequate food, water, and shelter until it’s transported to center.
Any information about the owner must be shared with staff.