Come out and celebrate Kids to Park Day! Saturday May 16Check it out!
Environmental and Heritage Center
Environmental and Heritage Center
- Come out and celebrate Kids to Park Day! Saturday May 16
- Discover our summer camps!
- Celebrate spring with these April events!
- Swing into Science! Learn the secret science of your parks.
- Toddler Treks, outdoor adventures ages 18 months – 3 years.
- STEAM-focused activities every month!
- Check out our virtual field studies!
- InGwinnett! Learn about experiences and activities that connect our vibrant community.
- Visit one of Gwinnett’s parks virtually! Nature trips, historic visits, and dino discoveries are just a click away.
Discover our summer camps!Register today!
Celebrate spring with these April events!Read More
Swing into Science! Learn the secret science of your parks.Learn more
Toddler Treks, outdoor adventures ages 18 months – 3 years.Learn More
STEAM-focused activities every month!Learn More
Check out our virtual field studies!More Info
InGwinnett! Learn about experiences and activities that connect our vibrant community.Check it out!
Visit one of Gwinnett’s parks virtually! Nature trips, historic visits, and dino discoveries are just a click away.More Info
Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center
The center is used as a multi-use history, culture, heritage, and environment facility. Located on a 233 wooded acres near the Mall of Georgia, the center features interactive exhibits, walking trails and greenways, unique rental spaces, gift shop, and is a model of innovative green building techniques.
The center was Gwinnett County’s first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified green building and has one of the nation’s largest, sloped, vegetated roofs.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Saturday
9:00am to 4:00pm
Closed on Sunday
dawn to dusk
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
Enjoy your parks safely!
In an evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic, certain areas within parks are closed. Residents are encouraged to enjoy the outdoors for exercise and mental and physical health, while following social distancing guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Things to know before you go
- Orders regarding COVID-19 must be followed
- Bottle filler/water fountains are avaiilable; bring your own water to stay hydrated. Please be award, some water fountains may be closed
- Use a "Leave No Trace" mentality. Bring a suitable trash bag and take everything out to help protect others
- Follow CDC guidelines such as:
- Practice social distancing; maintain a distance of six feet or more between people from different households at all times
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently; carry hand sanitizer
- Practice coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Wear a face covering as much as possible when in public
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness
- Avoid gathering with others not in your household
- Aquatic Center Guidelines:
- Limited socially distanced swim lessons are available
- Visitors can bring their own pool noodle or Coast Guard approved lifejackets; use of our shared equipment is not allowed
- All pool rules apply; for more information, visit our Pool Rules
- Regular admission fees apply
- Leisure Play Pool Time reservations can be made one day in advance online, in person, or by calling the facility
- Bogan Park Aquatic Center and Bethesda Park Aquatic Center, starting March 17, 2021
- Indoor Leisurue Play Pool Time reservations
- Available Saturday and Sunday
- 11:00am – 2:00pm or 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Tennis Court and Outdoor Pickleball Court Guidelines:
- Players should use their own ball and avoid touching other player’s sports equipment
- When playing doubles, avoid all incidental contact
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet, or other equipment
- Use racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends of the court
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break
- Dog Park Guidelines
- No toys or balls allowed
- Only let your dog drink from their own bowl
Virtual Park Experience
Enjoy a virtual visit to the park and discover something new!
Mission and Vision
The vision of the Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center is to:
- Develop an exemplary, high-tech cultural center known for hands-on science exhibits and quality educational programming that inspires visitors to become better stewards of our environment
- To transform the concepts of science and history into interactive, learn-by-doing experiences that will encourage a visitor’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder about themselves and the world around them.