- A citizen of this state and of the United States;
- 17 ½ years of age to register to vote;
- At least 18 years of age on or before the date of the primary or election in which such person seeks to vote;
- A resident of this state and of the county or municipality in which he or she seeks to vote; and
- In addition, no person who has been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude may register, remain registered, or vote except upon completion of the sentence and no person who has been judicially determined to be mentally incompetent may register, remain registered, or vote unless the disability has been removed.
Where can I register to vote?
- Offices where driver's licenses or ID cards are issued
- Offices where persons apply for public assistance or which administer programs for the disabled
- Voter Registration and Elections Office
- All Gwinnett County Public Schools
- All public libraries
- Mail-in and online applications are available at: https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/
- All city halls
You must be registered 30 days prior to any election to be eligible to vote in that election. If you are already registered and have had a change of name or address, it must be changed 30 days prior to any election, to be effective for that election.
You do not have to register separately for city elections. If you are a registered Gwinnett County voter and you reside within the city limits, you are automatically registered for city elections.