COUNTY HOSTS FREE RECYCLING EVENT IN CELEBRATION OF AMERICA RECYCLES DAY
(Lawrenceville, Ga., Nov. 15, 2017) – Do you need to make room in your home for visitors, decorations and gifts this holiday season? Clear out your clutter the environmentally friendly way on America Recycles Day!
Gwinnett residents are invited to load up their unwanted electronics, paint and tires and bring them to Gwinnett County’s America Recycles Day celebration this Saturday, Nov. 18 from 9 a.m. to noon at Coolray Field, home of the Gwinnett Braves. Gwinnett County Solid Waste Management and Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful will offer free paper shredding and electronics, tire, ink/toner cartridge and paint recycling. Residents can also bring old sneakers and gently used clothing to be donated to those in need or to be recycled into new products.
In addition to the recycling opportunities, organizers will offer touch-a-truck displays and activities for kids, free refreshments (while supplies last), giveaways and the opportunity for residents to meet their haulers.
Residents who wish to participate in the America Recycles Day event are asked to keep the following in mind:
- Paper shredding is limited to five copier paper boxes;
- Paint collection is limited to eight, one-gallon cans; cans must contain at least 25 percent wet, usable paint; no rusted cans, no oil-based paints, stains, spackle, thinners or dried up paint;
- Tire recycling is limited to eight tires per vehicle; no dealer tires;
- Electronics recycling is free with the exception of TVs, monitors and printers;
- There is a $10 cash fee per TV or computer monitor and a $5 cash fee per printer.
For more information, please call Solid Waste Management at 770.822.7141 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or email Melanie.Miller@gwinnettcounty.com.