Lawrenceville Female Seminary
|Historic, Program, & Tour Information
Home of the Gwinnett History Museum. Originally built in the 1830s, this historic building was first used as a finishing school for the county’s young women. After being destroyed by fire, it was reconstructed in 1855 and was later converted into a ‘civic center’ for community activities, and at one time, housed a local radio station! It houses the Gwinnett History Museum, with exhibits relating to early Gwinnett County farming, textiles, schools, and more!
- 1 acre
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Museum with artifacts relating to Gwinnett County history
- Tours/rentals available
- Preservation Lawn