Health and Human Services encourages interested renters to read the terms and conditions before committing to reserving a room. Upon reserving a room, renters can expect to provide: their signature agreeing to the below guidelines, security and damage deposit, and any required documentation. For more information or questions, contact the applicable center.
- Return the signed agreement at least seven days prior to the rental date.
- Return the provided layout diagram (table/chair arrangement) for a one-time setup at least seven days prior to the rental date.
- Request approval for any additional/special activities, vendors, equipment, or furnishings. Refer to the Usage and Vendor sections below.
- All applicable federal, state, and local regulations and ordinances apply.
- Rental activities may not interfere with normal facility use. The facility offers various public services and may not be closed during the rental time.
- The renter must be at least 21 years old, be present during the entire rental time, and is responsible for the rental.
- Lawrenceville Senior Center only: The renter must be at least 50 years old, be present during the entire rental time, is responsible for the rental, and 70 percent of the renter's guests must be at least 50 years old.
- The renter must provide adult supervision with one adult (at least 21 years old) for every 10 minors.
- Gwinnett County may require uniformed public safety officers who are not a guest of the party for some rentals. The renter assumes responsibility for scheduling and paying the uniformed public safety officer.
- Senior Centers only: The renter may not use or access the commercial kitchens for food sanitation and safety concerns.
- Gwinnett County prohibits the following for environmental and safety concerns:
- Alcoholic beverages (except at specifically approved Gwinnett County locations).
- Tobacco and vape products within 20 feet of entrances and exits.
- Open flames (suggested options: enclosed or tea light candles).
- Non-weighted and untied helium balloons. Floating balloons that reach the ceiling will set off security and fire alarms.
- Throwing rice, birdseed, confetti, glitter, etc. (suggested options: bubbles, flowers petals, glow sticks, kazoos, paper airplanes, pinwheels, or other non-slip items).
- Fireworks and flammable and combustible liquids.
The rental time includes time for additional setup (decorations) and cleanup. Exceeding the rental time will incur additional hourly fees (up to double the hourly room rate).
- Gwinnett County will provide:
- A layout diagram (table/chair arrangement) for one-time setup using facility-provided tables and chairs.
- Trash cans and liners.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Ice for the renter’s container (as requested
- The renter must:
- Affix or hang decorations, signage, and banners using scotch or low tack adhesive tape on the walls, tables, and chairs (not from the rafters, light fixtures, window blinds, or curtains) during the rental time (not before or after)
- Treat all furnishings and equipment with respect and proper use, including moving furnishings by lifting (not dragging) to avoid any damage.
- Inform staff of spills for immediate cleanup
- Remove all decorations, banners, signs, strings, and tape during cleanup
- Senior Centers only: Return the furnishing to the pre-rental setup (layout diagram provided). Failure to comply will result in the renter forfeiting the security and damage deposit.
- Dispose of trash in the dumpster or other designated location
- Sweep, mop, and/or vacuum the floors as needed
- Wipe down any tables and counters used.
- Clean any kitchen equipment used.
Security and Damage Deposit
The renters assumes liability for all damages, including, but not limited to: damaged or unclean equipment, furnishings, rooms, and/or grounds and improper renter/guest conduct, such as physical violence, abusive or threatening language, lewd behavior, apparent intoxication, etc. as determined by Gwinnett County. Gwinnett County will withhold any damage fees from the security and damage deposit and bill the renter any damages in excess of the deposit.
Gwinnett County will process the refund the next business day after the rental date. Credit/debit payments typically take five to seven business days to post and check/money order payments typically take four to six weeks to arrive via mail.
- The renter may reschedule the rental within one year of the original rental date by providing a written request at least 30 days prior to the rental date.
- The renter must provide a written cancellation in order to receive a refund (based off the timeline below). Gwinnett County will process the refund the next business day after receiving the written cancellation. Credit/debit payments typically take five to seven business days to post and check/money order payments typically take four to six weeks to arrive via mail.
- 30 days or more prior to rental date: 100% refund minus $25 cancellation fee
- 29 to 8 days prior to rental date: 50% refund minus $25 cancellation fee
- 7 days or less prior to rental date: 0% refund/program credit only
- The renter must notify Gwinnett County of a cancellation due to inclement weather. Gwinnett County does not guarantee closure due to inclement weather.
- In case of Gwinnett County closure due to inclement weather, Gwinnett County will cancel the rental and reschedule at no additional cost to the renter. In case of inclement weather on weekends, Gwinnett County will inform the renter regarding the status of the rental.
Vendors associated with the rental (caterers, deejays, event companies, etc.) must provide and maintain a copy of their Certificate of Liability Insurance with a (minimum) $1,000,000 each occurrence general liability, listing Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville, GA 30046 as an additional insured and as the certificate holder.
- Onsite caterers serving/distributing food/beverages must complete a Food Service Authorization and Indemnification at least 14 days prior to the rental date. Gwinnett County suggests caterers follow Live Healthy Gwinnett’s Health and Wellness Standards.
Gwinnett County reserves the right to:
- Cancel any rental at any time.
- Close for holidays and emergencies.
- Decorate outside and inside lobbies for holidays.
- Enforce Gwinnett County rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor rentals to ensure the integrity of the equipment, furnishings, rooms, and/or facility.
- Monitor all sound amplifying equipment and noise levels and notify the renter of adjustments as necessary to maintain Gwinnett County noise ordinance levels.
- Deny vendors access to Gwinnett County property who have not submitted proper documentation or insurance.
The renter shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Gwinnett County, its elected officials, officers, employees, agents, staff, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, and losses whatsoever in their nature, cause of origin, and whether or not attributable to the negligence of the renter, its employees, agents, or guests to the use or occupancy of the rental facility or any other portion of Gwinnett County by the renter, its employees, agents, or guests.
The renter acknowledges and agrees the renter is encouraged to examine and inspect the rental facility to assess its condition, suitability, and fitness for the renter’s permitted use. Accordingly, the renter acknowledges and agrees Gwinnett County makes no express or implied warranties of any kind or nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, any express or implied warranties of rental facility suitability for any particular use, purpose, or function. The right to use the rental facility is hereby expressly granted on an "as is" and "where is" basis only. The renter further acknowledges the relationship between parties is not that between a "landlord and tenant" as contemplated under Georgia law.