Boards, Auth. and Committees
Gwinnett United In Drug Education, Inc. (GUIDE, Inc.)
GUIDE, Inc. was established in 1986 and originated as a joint effort by the Gwinnett County Board of Education and the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners to assure an ongoing, concentrated, and comprehensive approach to substance abuse prevention in Gwinnett.
- The Board shall consist of no less than 9 and no more than 25 members who shall serve without remuneration
- The intent shall be to nominate members representing a cross section of the community, to include, but not be limited to representation from the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners, the Gwinnett County Board of Education, law enforcement, business, nonprofit health and human services agencies and organizations, youth, faith-based organizations, parents and the community at large
- Any Gwinnett County resident under eighteen (18) years of age who may serves as a director shall be exempt from voting on or assuming fiduciary responsibilities assumed by directors who are eighteen or older
- Every three years, GUIDE shall request that the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners appoint a representative to serve on the GUIDE Board of Directors for a term of three years. Such representative may be the same person that served the previous term.
- The directors shall be elected by the affirmative vote of a majority of the directors present at the Annual Meeting
Generally, meetings are held six times a year (January, March, May, August, October, and December) on a Thursday at 4:00pm at 750 Perry Street, Suite 310, Lawrenceville, Georgia. For detailed information on meetings, visit their website.
No specific qualifications or training required.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|BoC Appointment||Lindsey Jorstad||12/31/2023|