Animal Control Hearing Board
The Gwinnett Animal Control Hearing Board was established on July 17, 2018 by County Ordinance.
Members serve one-year term at the pleasure of the Board.
The Animal Control Hearing Board shall be composed of five (5) members as follows:
- One member appointed by Commission Chairman
- One member appointed by Commission District 1
- One member appointed by Commission District 2
- One member appointed by Commission District 3
- One member appointed by Commission District 4
The Gwinnett Animal Control Hearing Board shall schedule an dangerous dog hearing within 30 days after a request for same is received.
Members must reside in the district in which they are appointed. The Chairman's appointment is an at-large appointment.
The Animal Control Hearing Board shall:
- Receive dangerous dog and vicious dog hearing requests from dog owners;
- Schedule a hearing within 30 days after a request for same is received;
- Notify the dog owner and the County's animal welfare division manager in writing by certified mail or statutory overnight delivery of the date, time, and place of the hearing, and the notice shall be mailed to the dog owner at least ten days prior to the date of the hearing;
- Select one of its members to serve as chairman to preside over hearings;
- Hear testimony and receive evidence at hearings as reasonably necessary to make a determination either to sustain, modify, or overrule the animal control officer's classification of the dog as dangerous or vicious;
- Within ten days after the date of a hearing, notify the dog owner and the County's animal welfare division manager in writing by certified mail or statutory overnight delivery of its determination on the matter. If such determination is that the dog is a dangerous or vicious dog, the notice shall specify the date upon which that determination is effective; and
- Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board of Commissioners.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Chairman's Appointment||Joseph Wilson||07/31/2020|
|District 1 Appointment||Holly Moreland||07/31/2020|
|District 2 Appointment||Raychel Robbins||07/31/2020|
|District 3 Appointment||Carla Brown||07/31/2020|
|District 4 Appointment||Peg Murray||07/31/2020|