Boards, Authorities and Committees
Boards, Auth. and Committees
Board of Construction Adjustments and Appeals
The Board of Construction Adjustments and Appeals was established in 1979 (fka Board of Adjustments and Appeals - name was changed January 1994) by County Ordinance to review specific appeals concerning the Gwinnett County Construction Code, Fire Prevention and Protection Ordinance, and the Unified Development Ordinance.
The Board consist of 8 members.
Generally, meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 3:00pm in the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center Auditorium, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville, Georgia 30046. For detailed information on meetings, please click the blue button above.
The Board of Construction Adjustments and Appeals shall be comprised of eight (8) Gwinnett County residents representing or having the following qualifications (Gwinnett County employees cannot serve):
- One Georgia Accessibility Representative
- One Registered Architect
- One Registered Civil Engineer
- One Registered Electrical Engineer
- One Registered Fire Protection Engineer
- One Registered Mechanical Engineer
- One Registered Structural Engineer
- One General Contracting Industry Representative
Members absent without cause from two consecutive meetings shall be automatically terminated from their appointment.
- To review and decide specific appeals made by individuals concerning the interpretation or administration of the Gwinnett County Construction Code which includes by reference; the Georgia State Minimum Standard Building Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Plumbing Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Electrical Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Mechanical Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Gas Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Energy Code, and the Georgia State Minimum Standard One and Two Family Dwelling Code
- To review and decide specific appeals made by individuals concerning the interpretation or administration of the Gwinnett County Fire Prevention and Protection Ordinance, those certain codes and standards adopted and amended by the Rules and Regulations of the Safety Fire Commissioner, Rules and Regulations for the State Fire Safety Standards of the State of Georgia, under the authority of OCGA 25-2-4, 25-2-12 and 50-13-21
- To review and decide specific appeals of interpretation by the Director and waiver requests from storm water requirements of Chapters 400, 700, and 800 of the Unified Development Ordinance
- To review and make recommendations concerning these codes to the Board of Commissioners
- To make final decisions, subject to any action by law
- To promptly and in writing, with vote indicated, notify the Department of Planning & Development of decisions
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|BoC Appointment||Louis T. Camerio Jr.||General Contractor Representative||12/31/2024|
|BoC Appointment||Regina Young||Registered Mechanical Engineer Representative||12/31/2024|
|BoC Appointment||David Moss||Registered Electrical Engineer Representative||12/31/2023|
|BoC Appointment||Linda Priest||Georgia Accessibility||12/31/2023|
|BoC Appointment||Robert Ponder||Registered Architect Representative||12/31/2023|
|BoC Appointment||Stoney Abercrombie||Registered Civil Engineer Representative||12/31/2023|
|BoC Appointment||Thomas W. Gardner||Registered Fire Protection Engineer Representative||12/31/2024|
|BoC Appointment||William J. Peltier||Registered Structural Engineer Representative||12/31/2024|