Jr. DA and Investigator Mentorship
Page Content Portlet
Junior District Attorney and Investigator Mentorship Opportunity
Applications for the Junior District Attorney and Investigator Mentorship Program will open on Monday, April 22. The application will close on Friday, May 10, no later than 11:59pm. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. Participants will receive an acceptance notification during the month of May. Orientation will take place Wednesday, May 29 at 6:30pm. The program will run from Wednesday, June 12 to Wednesday, June 26 from 10:00am to 2:00pm daily.
Participants will get hands-on experience in understanding the practical applications of the criminal justice system by exploring the roles of the court, law enforcement, and corrections. Additionally, participants will receive training in law, self-discipline, and a multitude of life skills while working directly with assistant district attorneys, investigators, and administrative staff. The program allows participants to gain community service hours. Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Candidates must be in good standing in their school and community.
- Candidates must be 15-18 years old and attend a Gwinnett County public school. (Attendance outside of Gwinnett County may be approved on a case-by-case basis.)
- Candidates must be alcohol-free throughout the program.
- Candidates must have regular attendance and be on time. Candidates must notify the office if they are unable to attend or are going to be late.
- Candidates must adhere to all rules and regulations of the Gwinnett County District Attorney’s Office.
- Candidates must provide a recommendation from a teacher, administrator, or community leader.
- Parents and candidates must e-sign the online application and attend orientation.