Page Content Portlet
Budget and Administration
Board of Commissioners approve $2.27 billion budget for 2023
The Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners approved the 2023 budget of $2.27 billion.
It consists of a $1.78 billion operating budget and a $488 million capital improvements budget, which includes funds from the County’s Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax program.
Quick links for the 2023 budget
Initiatives in the budget include:
- Upgrades for County roads, water and sewer lines, and parks
- A language learning assistance program for employees
- Enhancements to Gwinnett’s courts’ abilities to conduct virtual proceedings
- New Environmental Sustainability Officer and Equity Officer positions
- New positions for Gwinnett’s Emergency Management team
- Staff to support the new seventh State Court judge added by House Bill 1570
As part of the budget development process, department directors, and elected officials presented business plans for 2023 to five Gwinnett residents recruited by Chairwoman Hendrickson who reviewed the departmental requests and made recommendations.