Gwinnett Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Gwinnett Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc. (the “GCVB”) was incorporated on November 5, 1990. The GCVB’s Board of Directors (the “GCVB Board”) operates in accordance with the Georgia Non-Profit Corporation Code and the corporation's Bylaws. GCVB Board members are not compensated.
Structure of the GCVB Board:
The GCVB Board consists of a minimum of ten (10) directors and a maximum of eighteen (18) directors with the number to be determined by a vote of three-fourths (3/4) of the then-incumbent directors. The GCVB Bylaws currently provide for the following board composition:
- Four (4) directors shall be by appointment of the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners. A minimum of two (2) directors shall be members of the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners.
- Four (4) directors shall be from the hospitality industry as nominated by the Corporation and elected by the Board of Directors.
- One (1) director shall be by appointment of the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
- Three (3) directors shall be nominated and elected by the Board of Directors.
- One (1) director shall be nominated and elected by the Board of Directors from a city within Gwinnett County which contributes hotel/motel tax revenue to the corporation as set forth in the GCVB Bylaws.
The terms for directors constituting the GCVB Board is three years. Each director holds office for the term for which elected and until a successor has been appointed, elected and qualified. A director may be removed from office by a majority vote of the body responsible for the original appointment of the director or in a manner prescribed in the GCVB Bylaws for the election or appointment of members, when such action will serve the best interests of the GCVB. Resignation of directors is effective immediately or on the date specified therein and vacancies will be deemed to exist as of such effective date.
The qualifications for directors constituting the GCVB Board are:
- Directors must be residents of the state of Georgia.
- The director elected by the GCVB Board from a city within Gwinnett County which contributes hotel/motel tax revenue to the GCVB shall be and remain an elected official from said city.
For more information about the Gwinnett Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc., please visit www.exploregwinnett.org.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|BoC Appointment||Jace Brooks||12/31/2022|
|BoC Appointment||Marlene M. Fosque||12/31/2022|
|BoC Appointment||Tom Martin||12/31/2021|
|BoC Appointment||Bert Nasuti||12/31/2020|