On November 15, 1988, the Board of Commissioners adopted an Investment Policy to set forth the investment and operational policies for the management of the public funds of Gwinnett County. The most recent update to the Investment Policy was approved by the Board of Commissioners on April 17, 2012. There is no compensation for serving on this Committee. The Investment Committee is comprised of:
- Chairman of the Board of Commissioners
- County Administrator
- Deputy County Administrator/CFO
- Director of the Department of Financial Services
- Deputy Director of Financial Services
- Treasury Division Director
- County’s contracted Financial Advisor, RPMC Consultant, or someone having the appropriate skills and experience as nominated by a member of the Investment Committee
- Representative of a comparable government within the Atlanta metropolitan area, as nominated by the Investment Committee
- Meetings are held at least annually, generally in March at the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center, 75 Langley Drive Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- The County staff serving on the Committee are members by position held.
- The external Committee members should have sufficient experience and/or credentials (such as a CFA, CCM, or CTP designation) to support and advise the Investment Committee.
- The Committee serves in an advisory capacity.
- The Committee is responsible for adequately communicating appropriate objectives and goals to the Chairman, Board of Commissioners, County Administrator, Deputy County Administrator/CFO and the Director of the Department of Financial Services.
- The Committee is charged with the following activities:
- Establish procedures for calling and conducting its meetings
- Meet at least annually to review the administration and performance of the County's Investment Program
- Evaluate and approve changes to the Investment Policy
- Periodically deliberate such topics as economic outlook, portfolio diversification, risks and returns
- Ensure adequate controls are in place and the County is in compliance with current law and internal policies
- The Committee may directly select, contract for services and otherwise engage Investment Managers, Investment Consultants and other professionals to assist in managing County funds.
- The Department of Financial Services provides administrative support to the Committee.
- The Department maintains written records of the Committee’s activities and provides investment reports pursuant to this Investment Policy.
- The Department of Financial Services will post meeting notices.
- Gwinnett County Investment Policy (01-04-35-15-001)
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Ex-Officio Member||Charlotte J. Nash||Chairman, Board of Commissioners||Incumbent|
|Ex-Officio Member||Glenn Stephens||County Administrator||Incumbent|
|Ex-Officio Member||Maria Woods||Director of Financial Services||Incumbent|
|Ex-Officio Member||Buffy Alexzulian||Deputy Director Financial Services|
|Ex-Officio Member||James Frihart||Treasury Division Director|
|Government Representative - Outside||Rick Cost||Gwinnett County Board of Education|
|Citizen Representative||Rhonda Etheridge|