Purchasing Policy & Review
The Purchasing Policy and Review Committee was established by the Gwinnett County Purchasing Ordinance and approved by the Board of Commissioners April 4, 1995, and approved by subsequent revisions to the Purchasing Ordinance.
- The structure of Purchasing Policy and Review Committee is comprised of a seven (7) member committee selected from user departments by the Purchasing Division Director and Director of Financial Services.
- Six (6) Members serve a staggered two-year term, with the Purchasing Director serving as a permanent member. The Purchasing Director also serves as meeting organizer and facilitator.
- Advertisement of the Purchasing Policy and Review Committee meetings are performed in accordance with State Law.
- Participation is voluntary and by appointment. There is no compensation for serving on this committee.
The Committee meets periodically, usually adhering to a quarterly schedule. Location and time of each meeting is defined specifically for each meeting. Routinely, meetings are conducted at 75 Langley Drive Lawrenceville, GA 30046. Upon departmental requests, there are occasions the meetings will take place at department locations.
- Members are selected from current, active employees of the user departments.
- Members are requested to review the Purchasing Ordinance. No additional training is required.
- The Committee shall meet periodically to review purchasing procedures and make recommendations for changes, resolve problems regarding the purchasing process, and make recommendations for standardization of commodities. The Committee also reviews serious vendor performance including recommendation to place vendors with performance problems on the Ineligible Source List.
- The Purchasing Policy and Review Committee is sanctioned by the Gwinnett County Purchasing Ordinance
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Employee Representative||Marty Reader||03/31/2020|
|Employee Representative||Glen Fountain||03/31/2020|
|Employee Representative||Rich Hampton||03/31/2020|
|Employee Representative||Christiana Blair||03/31/2021|
|Employee Representative||Bryant Herndon||03/31/2021|
|Employee Representative||Brittney Bullfinch||03/31/2021|
|Ex-Officio Member||Bryant Davis||Purchasing Director||Incumbent|