Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax - Citizen Review Committee
The Committee was established jointly by the County and Cities during the development of the Intergovernmental Agreement related to the 2005 SPLOST Program. Since that time, it has been continued with the Intergovernmental Agreement for both the 2009 and 2014 SPLOST Programs.
- The County Administrator and City Managers of the parties to the Intergovernmental Agreement determine the appropriate number of members and establish procedures of how the Committee will operate.
- The County Administrator and City Managers determine the length of time the Committee will operate.
- Participation is voluntary and by appointment. There is no compensation for serving on this Committee.
- The Committee meets periodically, usually adhering to a semi-annual schedule (typically in the spring and winter).
- Meetings are generally held a SPLOST funded facility within the geographic boundaries of the County.
- No specific qualifications are required.
- No specific training is required.
- The Committee receives and reviews periodic status reports concerning projects funded from the proceeds of the current and any prior SPLOST Programs.
- The Citizen Review Committee Members receive the annual audit results.
- The Committee has no specific responsibilities or powers.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Gwinnett County||Paula Hastings|
|Municipality Appointment||Tom Merkel||City of Berkeley Lake|
|Municipality Appointment||Ellis Lamme||City of Dacula|
|Municipality Appointment||John Howard||City of Duluth|
|Municipality Appointment||Kristin Jones||City of Grayson|
|Municipality Appointment||Tommie Ann Johnson||City of Lawrenceville|
|Municipality Appointment||Jack Bryant||City of Norcross|
|Municipality Appointment||Gretchen Schulz||City of Snellville|