Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) Joint Technical Committee
The Committee was established jointly by the County and Cities during the development of the Intergovernmental Agreement related to the 2005 SPLOST Program. The Committee created for the 2005 SPLOST Program was continued by the Intergovernmental Agreement for the 2009 SPLOST Program. According to Article 13 of the 2008 SPLOST Intergovernmental Agreement:
- The Committee members serve for a term determined by the County Administrator and the Manager of each City that is a party to the Intergovernmental Agreement.
- Participation is voluntary and by appointment. There is no compensation for serving on this Committee.
- The Committee meets periodically, as needed, at the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville, Georgia 30046.
- To provide updates on SPLOST funded projects, the Joint Technical Committee members meet at the same time and location as the Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) Citizen Review Committee.
- The Committee members consist of County and City staff which are parties to the Intergovernmental Agreement.
- No specific training is required; however, Committee members should be familiar with State Laws related to SPLOST.
- The Committee reviews the SPLOST Programs for issues including, but not limited to, category allocations of proceeds and compliance with the Resolutions which resulted in the call of such Referendum.
- Twice per year, the Committee provides updates on SPLOST funded projects to the SPLOST Citizen Review Committee.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Ex-Officio Member||Maria Woods||Director of Financial Services|
|Ex-Officio Member||Susan Paul||Financial Services Project Coordinator|
|Gwinnett Municipal Association||Randy Meacham|
|Municipality Appointment||Bryan Kerlin||City of Buford|
|Municipality Appointment||James Riker||City of Duluth|
|Municipality Appointment||Bill Johnsa||City of Lilburn|
|Municipality Appointment||Butch Sanders||City of Snellville|
|Municipality Appointment||Paul Radford||City of Sugar Hill|
|Municipality Appointment||Marty Allen||City of Suwanee|