Management and Administration is responsible for:
- Overseeing the management of the County’s human resources by developing vision, mission, and strategic plans to implement Board of Commissioners’ goals and objectives
- Administering policies and procedures including the Merit System Rules and Regulations, Human Resources management policies, federal and state employment and labor laws, and all other policies deemed appropriate and necessary by the County Administrator and Board of Commissioners
- Conducting performance analysis reports and other management information regarding current and future program changes, organizational consulting, and climate surveys
- Providing administrative support to the director
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the Human Resources Department including the preparation and administration of the annual departmental budget
- Coordinating and processing the Countywide Tuition Reimbursement Program
Other areas of responsibility for Management and Administration include acting as a liaison with other local government entities, completing special projects, policy and procedure development, and analysis of statistical data.