The A/FD is considered by Gwinnett County to be the official, approved informational publication listing the most important operational procedures and limitations of the facility.
The following is a brief summary of the A/FD information. However, all pilots and interested persons should review the latest edition of the A/FD for the most current information.
Pilots should always contact the nearest FAA Flight Service Station (FSS) for the most current NOTAMs on Gwinnett County Airport (LZU). 1-800-WX-BRIEF, NOTAM File LZU.
Coordinates N33○58.68′ W83○57.74′
Field Elevation 1061′ MSL
Time Eastern Time UTC -5(-4DT)
Runway 07 – 25
Length 6000′ x 100′
Weight Bearing Capacity Single – 45,000 lbs. Dual – 60,000 lbs. (see remarks)
Visual Approach Aids PAPI – Runway 07
MALSR/PAPI – Runway 25
- Airport attended continuously.
- Traffic Pattern Altitude (TPA) for light aircraft 2100′ MSL (1039′ AGL), TPA for jet and turbo prop aircraft 2600′ MSL (1539′ AGL).
- Taxiway T has non-standard marking, does not meet Design Group II standards.
- When tower closed HIRL Runway 07-25 preset on low intensity. To increase and Activate MALSR Runway 25 – CTAF.
- Prior authorization required for aircraft with a max gross certificated takeoff weight over 60,000 lbs. dual wheel.
ILS RWY 25 111.750
Aircraft Specialists Jet Center 128.850
Gwinnett Aero 123.050
National Weather Service – Aviation Weather Center
Automated Weather Observation System
during hours Air Traffic Control Tower is in operation 132.275
during hours Air Traffic Control Tower is closed 770.339.7753