Boards, Auth. and Committees
Gwinnett County Airport Authority
The Gwinnett County Airport Authority was established January 20, 1971 by the Georgia General Assembly. The general purpose of the Authority is declared to be that of acquiring, constructing, equipping, maintaining, improving and operating airports and landing fields for the use of aircraft, including any related buildings and the usual and convenient facilities appertaining to such undertakings and extensions and improvements of such facilities, acquiring the necessary property therefor, both real and personal, and to lease or sell any or all of such facilities, including real property, and to do any and all things deemed by the Authority to be necessary, convenient or desirable for, and incident to, the efficient and proper development and operation of such types of undertakings.
The Authority consists of five (5) members with four members to be appointed from each of the four respective commission districts and one to be appointed by the Chairwoman.
View Notices, Agendas, and Minutes
Generally, meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at 6:00pm at the Gwinnett County Airport Administration Building, 600 Briscoe Boulevard, Lawrenceville, Georgia 30046. For detailed information on meetings, please click the blue button above.
Members are required to live in the district that they represent.
The Authority shall have the following powers:
- To have a seal and alter the same at pleasure;
- To acquire by purchase, lease or otherwise, and to hold, lease, and dispose of real and personal property of every kind and character for its corporate purposes;
- To acquire in its own name by purchase, gift or otherwise, on such terms and conditions and in such manner as it may deem proper, real property or rights of easements therein or franchise necessary or convenient for its corporate purposes, and to use the same so long as its corporate existence shall continue, and to lease or make contracts with respect to the use of, or disposition of, the same in any manner it deems to be the best advantage of the Authority;
- To appoint, select and employ officers, agents and employees including engineering, architectural and construction experts, fiscal agents and attorneys, and fix their respective compensation; To make contracts, leases and to execute all instruments necessary or convenient, including contracts for construction of projects or lease of projects or contracts with respect to the use of projects which it causes to be erected or acquired, and any and all persons, firms and corporations and any and all political subdivisions, departments, institutions, or agencies of the State are hereby authorized to enter into contracts, leases or agreements with the Authority upon such terms and for such purposes as they may deem advisable. The said Authority is further granted the authority to make contracts and leases, and to execute all instruments necessary or convenient, with the United States Government or any agency or department thereof concerning the projects of the Authority, subject to the rights and interests of the holder of any of the bonds or obligations authorized to be issued hereunder, and by the resolution or trust indenture of the Authority authorizing the issuance of any of its bonds or obligations as provided in section 21 of this act;
- To construct, erect, acquire, own, repair, remodel, maintain, add to, extend, improve, equip, operate and manage projects, as hereinabove defined, the cost of any such project to be paid in whole or in part from the proceeds of revenue bonds or other funds of the Authority or from such proceeds or other funds and any grant from the United States of America or any agency or instrumentality thereof;
- To accept loans and grants, or to accept loans or grants of money or materials or property of any kind from the United States of America or any agency, instrumentality or political subdivision thereof or from any other source, upon such terms and conditions as the United States of America or such agency, instrumentality or other source may impose;
- To accept loans and grants, or to accept loans or grants of money or materials or property of any kind from the State of Georgia or any agency, instrumentality or political subdivision thereof or from any other source, upon such terms and conditions as the State of Georgia or such agency, instrumentality or political subdivision or any other source may impose;
- To borrow money for any of its corporate purposes, to execute evidences of such indebtedness and to secure the same, and to issue negotiable revenue bonds payable solely from funds pledged for that purpose, and to provide for the payment of the same and for the rights of the holders thereof;
- To exercise any powers usually possessed by private corporations performing similar functions, which are not in conflict with the Constitution and laws of this State;
- The Authority and the trustee acting under the trust indenture are specifically authorized to sell, lease, grant, exchange or otherwise dispose of any surplus property, both real or personal, or interest therein, not required in the normal operation of the Authority and usable in the furtherance of the purpose for which the Authority was created, except as such right and power may be limited as provided in section 2 and section 21 hereof;
- To do all things necessary or convenient to carry out the powers especially given in this act.
All such powers are limited by Management Agreements with Gwinnett County.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Chairwoman's Appointment||Chairman||Eric "Tip" Cape||12/31/2024|
|District 1 Appointment||Om Duggal||12/31/2024|
|District 2 Appointment||Marcus Strickland||12/31/2026|
|District 3 Appointment||Andy Isburgh||12/31/2024|
|District 4 Appointment||Doug Cotter||12/31/2026|