Career from Here
Career from Here
Page Content Portlet
Save the date!
Career From Here Hiring Event
Friday, January 19
9:00am to 3:00pm
Gas South Convention Center
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Stay tuned for more information here and on social media @GwinnettGov in the coming weeks.
Career From Here: Countywide Hiring Event
Have an impactful career with Gwinnett!
Gwinnett County Government offers impactful career opportunities in a variety of fields.Attend the Career From Here Hiring Event on Friday, January 19 from 9:00am to 3:00pm at the Gas South Convention Center, located at 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.
Discover opportunities in the following fields:
- Accounting and Finance
- Animal Control
- Building, Grounds Cleaning, and Maintenance
- Clerical and Data Entry
- Code Enforcement
- Customer Service
- Facility Operations
- Food Services
- Grounds and Landscaping
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing, Communications, and Branding
- Parks and Recreation
- Public Safety
- Public Works
- Water Agency
Gwinnett offers competitive pay, benefits, paid training, educational incentives for certain positions, tuition reimbursement, career advancement, and so much more!
For certain positions, several County departments will interview candidates throughout the event with the goal of extending conditional job offers.
Apply in advance to save time
Preparing for the hiring event
Follow these recommendations to prepare for the hiring event:
- Update your resume.
- Review your resume to make sure it’s relevant to the positions available at the hiring event.
- Make changes to highlight how you have the required skillset.
- Proofread to correct any mistakes.
- Practice your answers.
- Practice your elevator pitch! How would you share personal and professional background in one minute or less?
- Review examples of interview questions you may be asked and questions you can ask.
- Be prepared with examples of your work, if applicable to the job.
- Tie your answers back to your skills and accomplishments.
- Plan your interview attire the night before.
- Bring copies of your resume, a notebook, and a pen.
- Bring at least five copies of your resume to make the most of your experience.