MONDAY EVENING WEATHER-RELATED INCIDENTS
(Lawrenceville, Ga., June 24, 2019) – The following is a brief synopsis of weather-related incidents handled Monday evening by Fire and Emergency Services personnel. It does not include all calls for the time period.
TREES/POWER LINES DOWN:
• 4500 Block of Amy Road SW in Snellville (GF19040534)
⮩ A tree branch hit a power line causing a small fire on the line but was quickly mitigated. Walton EMC was notified.
• 1000 Block of Old Tucker Road SW/Nelson Pointe Drive in Stone Mountain (GF19040536)
⮩ Firefighters responded to an electrical pole that was arcing but no active fire. Walton EMC was notified.
• Dakota Mill Creek Apartments at 2705 Mall of Georgia Boulevard in Buford (GF19040532)
⮩ Firefighters responded to a small fire at the base of a power pole and extinguished it. Jackson EMC was notified.
• 2400 Block of Hurndon Road SW in Snellville (GF19040535)
⮩ Firefighters found a service line on across the roadway. Gwinnett Police Department has roadway shutdown. Walton EMC has been notified.
• 200 Block of Killian Hill Road NW in Lilburn (GF19040533)
⮩ Firefighters responded to a tree limb taking a service line down. Georgia Power has been notified.
• 3400 Block of Stillwood Drive SW in Snellville (GF19040541)
⮩ Firefighters responded to a tree that fell on a vacant house. No reported injuries.
ASSIST CITIZEN/RIVER RESCUE:
• East Bank Buford Dam Park at 1380 Buford Dam Road NE in Buford (GF19040526)
⮩ Firefighters responded to a kayaker that had difficulty making it to shore due to large waves. The kayaker was able to make it to an island and provided her location to the Swiftwater Team via pictures and Google Maps on a cell phone. The Swiftwater Team was able to locate the kayaker and return her safely to Lanier Park without any reported injuries.