National Faith and Blue Event
(Lawrenceville, Ga., October 2, 2020) – The Gwinnett County Police Department is excited to announce our participation in the 2020 National Faith and Blue Weekend event. In partnership with the USDOJ, FOP, IACP, NOBLE, and many others, police departments and faith communities from all over the country will be partnering together in community outreach projects over the course of the weekend of October 9-11, 2020. The following eight events will be held across Gwinnett County.
- October 9, 2020:
- West Precinct is partnering with Peachtree Corners Baptist Church for a winter coat drive. The event will be held from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at the church located at 4480 Peachtree Corners Cir, PTC, GA 30092. Coats may be donated ahead of the event at donation points located at West Precinct Lobby located at 6160 Crescent Drive Norcross, GA 30071, Central Precinct Lobby located at 3125 Hi Hope Road, Lawrenceville, GA Satellite Boulevard Duluth, GA 30096 and Headquarters Lobby located at 770 Hi Hope Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043. For more information contact Crime Prevention Officer Henry Mesa at Henry.Mesa@GwinnettCounty.com
- South Precinct is partnering with Mountain Park First Baptist Church to collect coats, food, and toiletries for the Lilburn Co-Operative Ministry. The event will be held at the church at 5485 Five Forks Trickum Road, Stone Mountain, GA from 8:00am to 6:00pm. For more information contact Community Response Team Sergeant Scott Killian at Scott.Killian@GwinnettCounty.com
- Central Precinct is partnering with Cross Pointe Church for a Pre-Halloween Trunk or Treat Event with Patrol Cars at the church located at 1800 Satellite Blvd from 6:30pm-8:30pm. For more information please contact Crime Prevention Officer Michael Evanko at Michael.Evanko@GwinnettCounty.com
- Bay Creek Precinct is partnering with Grayson United Methodist Church and the Southeast Co-Op to raise funds for a family in need. The funds will go towards a wheelchair ramp and meals. Donations may be made by contacting the church or the Co-Op.
- October 10, 2020
- North Precinct is partnering with Sugar Hill Church for a food drive at 5091 Nelson Brogdon Blvd., Sugar Hill, GA 30518 from 10:00am-2:00pm at the church. For more information please contact Crime Prevention Officer Michael Parker at Michael.Parker@GwinnettCounty.com
- East Precinct is partnering with North Metro Church and Amazing Grace Church and the event will be held at Amazing Grace which is located at 787 Paden Drive, Lawrenceville, GA 30044 from 8:00am-5:00pm for a one-day mission trip to include, cleaning, electric work, painting, building a 9×16 stage, and landscaping at the location to be used by several churches serving local Haitian, Hispanic, and Asian congregations. For more information please contact Crime Prevention Officer Fed Joseph at Fed.Joseph@GwinnettCounty.com
- The Crime Prevention Unit and Crime Free Multi Housing Unit is partnering with Hamilton Mill Methodist Church for a food drive to feed 450-500 families at 1450 Pine Road, Dacula, GA 30019 from 8:00am-12:00pm. For more information please contact Crime Prevention Coordinator Corporal Eric Rooks at William.Rooks@GwinnettCounty.com
- The Training Section, with members of the 107th and 108th police academy classes is partnering with Bridge Community Church for a food drive and Touch-a-Truck event featuring patrol vehicles, Explosives Ordinance Devices Bomb Truck, Air-1 helicopter unit, and bouncy house at 2026 Braselton Highway, Buford, GA 30519 from 10:00am-1:00pm. For more information please contact Training Division Lieutenant Rick Klok at Rick.Klok@GwinnettCounty.com