GET IN THE GAME AND DISCOVER GWINNETT’S PARKS THIS JULY
(Lawrenceville, Ga., June 27, 2019) – Summer is here, which means it’s time to get out and explore the great things happening at your local parks and recreation centers. This July Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation is celebrating Park and Recreation Month, an initiative of the National Recreation and Park Association, with events and activities for residents of all ages and abilities.
These special events feature activities including movies, arts and crafts, aquatic events and hiking:
- Stars & Stripes Family Night on July 1 at 7 p.m. at Bethesda Park Aquatic Center and again on July 3 at 7 p.m. at Lenora Park Pool. Bring the family for patriotic celebration with a twist: it’s in the pool. No registration is required; all pool rules and admission apply. Bethesda Park Aquatic Center is located at 225 Bethesda Church Road in Lawrenceville and Lenora Pool is located at 4315 Lenora Church Road in Snellville.
- Summer Movie Night on July 12 at 6 p.m. at Bogan Park Community Recreation Center. Free admission to watch “Ralph Breaks the Internet.” Popcorn and light refreshments will be provided. All ages, preregistration is recommended online with code BOP31630 or call 678-277-0850. Bogan Park Community Recreation Center is located at 2723 North Bogan Road in Buford.
- Date Night Drop Off on July 12 at 6 p.m. at Lawrenceville Female Seminary. Children can enjoy the museum while parents enjoy a night out. Pizza, fun monster relay games and crafts will be provided. Ages 5 to 10, $10 per person. Must preregister by July 10 online with code LFS34001 or call 770-822-5178. Lawrenceville Female Seminary is located at 455 South Perry Street in Lawrenceville.
- Hot Dog Pool Party on July 12 at 6:30 p.m. at Collins Hill Park Aquatic Center. Celebrate National Hot Dog Month with swimming and hot dogs. All ages, $5 per person. Preregistration is recommended online with code CHP35900 or call 770-237-5647. All pool rules apply. Collins Hill Park Aquatic Center is located at 2200 Collins Hill Road in Lawrenceville.
- Dinner and Cinema on July 12 at 7 p.m. at the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse. Enjoy a catered dinner, popcorn and mock-tails while watching a film in the historic Superior Court Ballroom. Ages 18 and up, $20 per person. Seating is limited. Preregister online with code GHC11601 or call 770-822-5450. The Gwinnett Historic Courthouse is located at 185 Crogan Street in Lawrenceville.
- Aquatic Think Tank on July 13 at 6:30 p.m. at West Gwinnett Park Aquatic Center. Swimming with a twist: games designed for educational fun in the water to engage math and reading skills. All ages, $3 per person. Preregister online with code WGP31901 or call 678-407-8801. West Gwinnett Park Aquatic Center is located at 4488 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard in Berkeley Lake.
- Game On, Kids’ Night Out on July 19 at 6 p.m. at Mountain Park Activity Building. Swim and enjoy a night out with pizza, ice cream and lots of action-packed activities. Ages 7 to 13, $12 per person. Preregister by July 16 online with code MPA31403 or call 678-277-0179. Mountain Park Activity Building is located at 1063 Rockbridge Road in Stone Mountain.
- Kids’ Night Out on July 19 at 6 p.m. at George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center. Have fun playing summertime games, and enjoy a delicious dinner with dessert. Ages 7 to 13, $12 per person. Preregister online with code GPP31602 or call 678-277-0910. George Pierce Park is located at 55 Buford Highway in Suwanee.
- Scavenge-ART Hunt on July 20 at 11 a.m. at Pinckneyville Park Community Recreation Center. Gather fun items from nature to build a craft. Free for all ages. Preregister online with code PVP31410 or call 678-277-0920. Pinckneyville Park Community Recreation Center is located at 4650 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard in Berkeley Lake.
- All American Day on July 20 at Noon at Mountain Park Aquatic Center. Bring the family for a fun-filled All American Day at our outdoor leisure pool with crafts, hot dogs and lawn games. All ages, $6 per person. Preregister by July 17 online with code MPA31101 or call 678-277-0870. Mountain Park Aquatic Center is located at 1063 Rockbridge Road in Stone Mountain.
- Splash in Movie on July 20 at 6:30 p.m. at Lenora Park Pool. Bring the family to swim and watch “Trolls.” Appropriate for all ages, $4 per person. Preregistration is required online with code LEP35103 or by calling 770-982-5309. Lenora Pool is located at 4315 Lenora Church Road in Snellville.
- Stargazing on July 20 at 9:30 p.m. at Harbins Park. Join our educators across the parks for an evening under stars. No experience in stargazing is necessary. Telescopes will be available or bring your own. Ages 5 and up, $2 per person. Preregister by July 17 online with code HRP34005 or by calling 770-904-3500. Harbins Park is located at 2299 Luke Edwards Road in Dacula.
- Cowboy Day on July 27 at 10 a.m. at Collins Hill Park Aquatic Center. Spend national cowboy and cowgirl day at the pool with face painting, entertainment and swimming. Test your skills on the inflatable bull during safety breaks. Ages 4 and up. All pool rules and admission fees will apply. Collins Hill Park Aquatic Center is located at 2200 Collins Hill Road in Lawrenceville.
- Toddler Treks on July 30 at 10:30 a.m. at Lawrenceville Female Seminary. Finish the month off with a guided outdoor adventure for you and your little one. Spend time in the pollinator garden looking for flowers and learning about the honeybees. Ages 18 months to 3 years, $5 per child with one parent free. Preregister online with code LFS34502 or call 770-822-5178. Lawrenceville Female Seminary is located at 455 South Perry Street in Lawrenceville.
Parks and Recreation Deputy Division Director Chris Minor invites residents and visitors to explore the parks and recreation centers around Gwinnett.
“This year’s theme, Game On, encourages residents to embrace the fun and games provided by their parks and recreation centers,” said Minor. “While you’re enjoying this month’s great events, share your experience with the hashtag #GameOnJuly and invite your family and friends to get in the game with us.”