GWINNETT COUNTY SOLICITOR-GENERAL BRIAN WHITESIDE TO HOLD A RECORDS RESTRICTION INFORMATIONAL SESSION AT JUNETEENTH CELEBRATION HOSTED BY THE PROMISED LAND COMMUNITY
(Lawrenceville, Ga., June 7, 2021) – The Gwinnett County Solicitor General’s Office will be compiling information from eligible past defendants for records restricting purposes, as well as instructing individuals on how to get their records restricted at the Juneteenth Kickoff Celebration hosted by The Promised Land Community on Saturday, June 12, 2021, from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. at 4540 Lee Rd SW Snellville, Ga. 30039.
Records restriction means that eligible misdemeanor records on your criminal history report are restricted from public view. Your criminal history may be restricted if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Arrested in Gwinnett County jurisdiction.
- Must not be convicted/found guilty at trial.
- Did NOT plead guilty/nolo contendere.
- Certain misdemeanors while under the age of 21.
- Completed a Pre-Trial Diversion Program.
- Completed “First Offender” case.
The Juneteenth Kickoff Celebration is free and open to the public.