Please join the Solid Waste and Recovered Materials Division on Saturday, November 21, 2015, from 9:00am to noon to celebrate America Recycles Day at Coolray Field, home of the Gwinnett Braves in Lawrenceville. This free event features paper shredding, electronics, tire, toner/printer cartridge, and paint recycling. In addition, bring your old sneakers and gently used clothing to be donated to those in need or to be recycled into new products. Residents will enjoy free kids' activities, touch-a-truck, and will have the opportunity to meet their haulers.
Here are some things to remember before you come:
- Paper shredding is limited to five copier paper boxes
- Paint collection is limited to eight, one-gallon cans
- Cans must contain at least 25 percent wet, usable paint; no rusted cans, no oil-based paints, stains, spackle, thinners, or dried up paint
- Tire recycling is limited to eight tires per vehicle; no dealer tires
- Electronics recycling is free with the exception of TVs, monitors, and printers
- There is a $10 cash fee per TV or computer monitor and a $5 cash fee per printer
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit www.volunteergwinnett.net to sign up for the event.
For additional questions, please call the Solid Waste and Recovered Materials Division at 770.822.7141 between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday or email Schelly Marlatt at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you on November 21.
In honor of America Recycles Day, Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful is hosting an essay contest to identify the unsung heroes of the recycling bin. Click here to learn more, then submit your one-page essay to SGann@GwinnettCB.org by November 15.