Page Content Portlet
Burn Day Information
Wednesday, February 21, 2024, is a BURN DAY in Gwinnett County
National Weather Service:
Widespread frost, mainly before 8am.
Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 64.
Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the morning.
Sunday is not a BURN DAY as prescribed by Gwinnett County Code of Ordinances, Chapter 42, Fire Prevention and Protection Ordinances.
Outdoor Burn Line:
Burn Rules & Regulations
Medical Burn Ban
A Medical Burn Ban may be established by the Fire Marshal to provide relief for citizens with a medical condition that may be adversely affected by smoke from outdoor burning.
Citizens may request a Medical Burn Ban by having their medical doctor complete, sign, and submit the “Medical Burn Ban Application” annually and returning the original form to the Fire Marshal’s Office.
Citizens may request a “Medical Burn Ban application” by contacting our office at 678.518.4980 extension 2, or email FireMarshal@GwinnettCounty.com.
Upon approval of the request, a Medical Burn Ban will be established for a radius of approximately one quarter mile around the intersection nearest the applicants address.
The Medical Burn Ban prohibits the burning of yard debris, commercial pit burns, and related types of burning within the burn ban area. Cooking fires and recreational fires being used safely and in accordance with state and local laws and ordinances are not included in the medical burn ban.
The Medical Burn Ban shall not supersede the exceptions noted by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division and shall be in accordance with the Gwinnett County Fire Prevention and Protection Ordinance. The Medical Burn Ban will be established for a radius of approximately one quarter mile around the intersection nearest the applicants address. The Medical Burn Ban is good thru September 30 of each year. A new one must be requested by the resident annually.
Medical Burn Ban Locations
- Auburn - Rock Elm Dr and Tama Hill Rdg
- Auburn - West Union Grove Cir and Baily Rd
- Buford - Bearcreek Pl and Bungalow Pl
- Buford - Laurel Leaf Way and North Bogan Road
- Buford - Plunketts Rd and Knoll Crest Trl
- Buford - River Island Cir and River Downs Ct
- Buford - Wallace Rd and Aberronne Ln
- Dacula - Fence Road and Bailey Woods Road
- Doraville - Lake Dr and S Woodland Dr
- Duluth - Blarney Way and E Mount Tabor Cir
- Duluth - Carriage Gate Dr and Carriage Gate Way
- Grayson - Bennett Rd. and Westwood Place
- Grayson - Brook View Ln and Meadow View Dr
- Grayson - Rosebud Rd and Graymont Dr
- Hoschton - Smoke Trace Ct & Smoke Hill Dr
- Lawrenceville - Birch Lane and Quail Run
- Lawrenceville - Callie Still Rd. and Emerald Springs Dr.
- Lawrenceville - Gwin Oaks Dr and Oak Rd
- Lawrenceville - Kemp Drive and Chris Cir
- Lawrenceville - Mae Belle Way and Landress Way
- Lawrenceville - Mill Ridge Way and Stone Ridge Dr
- Lawrenceville - Mohawk Dr and Seminole Pl
- Lawrenceville - Shyrewood Dr and Creek Laurel Dr
- Lilburn - Beech Forest Dr SW and Garner Rd
- Lilburn - Candleberry Dr and Bristlewood Ct
- Lilburn - Creek Forest Trail and Rolling Forest Ln
- Lilburn - Francis Ct and Arcadia Pl
- Lilburn - Guinevere Way and Charlemagne Way
- Lilburn - Lake Lucerne Way SW and Alpine Dr
- Lilburn - Mary Dale Dr and Marydale Cir
- Lilburn - Mayflower Ct and Plymouth Dr
- Lilburn - Nancy Ct and Louis Rd
- Lilburn - Ridgeview Dr and Secluded Cir
- Lilburn - Signal Ridge SW and Fox Hollow
- Lilburn - Teresa Terrace and Gwens Trail
- Loganville - Rose Garden Lane and Rosebud Road
- Norcross - Oneta Dr and Williams Rd
- Norcross - Zachary Dr and Zachary Way
- Snellville - Chinaberry Ln and Stillwood Dr
- Snellville - Shiloh Way and Shiloh Hills Dr
- Snellville - Spring Mesa Dr and Spring Meadow Dr
- Snellville - Stoneridge Ln and Walden Park Dr
- Snellville - Town Pl & Long St
- Snellville - Valley Dr and Twin Springs Dr
- Stone Mountain - Corinth Ct and Corinth Cir
- Stone Mountain - Old Tucker Rd and Royal Oaks Ter
- Sugar Hill - Kiplin Lake Ct and Allison Dr