MPO Andres Camacho, District 1 C.O.P.S. Liaison
New Car Seat Check E-Mail Address
The Crime Prevention Unit is pleased to announce the creation of a new e-mail address custom tailored for those citizens to utilize for the purpose of requesting a car seat installation or inspection. You can now e-mail your request to email@example.com. An officer will then contact you to set up an appointment to inspect and/or install your seat.
Personal Armed Robbery Tips
- Do not loiter in the parking lot of a business or apartment complex
- If at all possible, never walk alone
- When walking to or from a location, take the most direct route possible
- Do not walk in secluded areas or hang out in unoccupied or abandoned buildings
- Do not accept rides from, or offer rides to people that you do not know
- Do not open the door for anyone unless you know them personally. If the person tells you that they need help, advise them that you will call the Police for them. Do not let them into your home to use your telephone
- Do not carry large amounts of cash or wear a lot of jewelry
- Make sure your wallet or purse is carried in a manner that will make it difficult for someone to grab
- Do not count your money in public
- Do not leave your purse unattended in a shopping cart or on the front seat of your vehicle
- Do not place yourself in harms way by frequenting areas where criminal activity is prevalent
Always be aware of your surroundings and the activity going on around you. If your instincts tell you that something is wrong and to be alarmed, pay attention and remove yourself from the potentially dangerous situation.
District Attorney's Office
The District Attorney's Office has an outreach program and when asked, will speak at C.O.P.S. meetings and other civic group functions about gangs, fraud, homeland security, etc.
If interested please contact Candace Pittman at 770.822.8491.
Sexual Offender Registry
Click here to access the Georgia sexual offender registry. You can find information on predators living in your area as well as receive alerts.