Police Officer Senior - $42,784 ($45,351 with 4 year college degree)
Master Police Officer - $51,014 ($54,075 with 4 year college degree)
Police Officer Trainees automatically promote to Police Officer Senior on their one year anniversary with successful completion of the police academy and field training program.
After two years at the rank of Police Officer Senior, officers are eligible for a non-competitive promotion to Master Police Officer with completion of certain training requirements.Gwinnett County has a 12 step pay system with 4% annual raises.
4 year college degree - 6% increase to base salaryTuition reimbursement is available after 2 years of service for associate, bachelor, and master degrees.
In-State and Out-of-State Lateral Transfers
Approved lateral transfers are hired at the rank of Police Officer Senior. The starting salary range is $41,538 - $63,946. The lateral transfer’s years of service will be compared to GCPD officers with similar years of service to set starting salary.
In-State Lateral Transfer - In-state lateral transfers may qualify for an abbreviated training program.Out-of-State Lateral Transfer - Out-of-state lateral transfers must attend the full academy session in order to be certified as a police officer in Georgia and obtain training required by the Gwinnett County Police Department.
Deferred Compensation Plan 457(b) - If employee contributes at least 2.5% of base pay, the County will contribute 1% in addition to the 7% in the 401(a).Click here for more information.
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 13 days leave accrued per year at hire (ascending thereafter)
- 13 days sick leave accrued per year at hire (ascending thereafter)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, optional and dependent life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- On-site medical wellness center
- Wellness incentive programs including gym membership reimbursement
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Financial education programs
- Longevity pay after 3 years
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Click here for more information.