The Department of Water Resources (DWR) works closely with the Department of Planning and Development to provide resources for developers, businesses, and industries interested in working within Gwinnett County. Use the links below to find the forms and information for your needs. If you have any questions, please contact DWR or Planning and Development.
Codes and Ordinances
Gwinnett County's municipal codes and ordinances are located on an external site called Municode.
Maps and GIS
Water and Sewer Maps and As-Built Records are available on the GIS Data Browser.
Rates and Fees
Standards and Policies
- Water and Sewer Standards (April 2016)
- Storm Sewer Pipe Standards (May 2018)
- Developer Pump Station Standards (January 2014)
- Sewer Petition Policy
- Approved Contractors List
- Sewer Capacity Request Form
- Variance Request Form
- Easement Encroachment Agreement
- Private Development Policy Document – Condos, Townhomes, Subdivisions
- Private Development Policy Document – Apartments
- Developer Contractor Application
- For Water and Sewer Availability Letters, Mapping, and GIS questions, contact the DWR GIS group at 678.376.7139.
- For Sewer Capacity Certification questions, contact the DWR development support group at 678.376.7026.
- For Plan Reviews, Permitting, and Variances, contact the Planning & Development Utility Plan Review Section at 678.518.6000.
- For Fire Flow Testing, contact DWR Field Operations at 678.376.7000.
Industrial Pretreatment Program
For questions about Gwinnett County’s Industrial Pretreatment Program, please contact Cindy Keel at 678.376.6944.
Submit Back Flow Device Test Data Maintenance Reports online here
- Backflow Prevention Manual
- Approved backflow installation contractors
- Approved backflow device testers
- Device test data and maintenance form
- Gwinnett County Approved Testers Application
- Frequently Asked Questions
For questions about backflow, email DWRBackflowInspections@gwinnettcounty.com or call 678.376.4213.
Manuals and Other Documents
- Capacity, Management, Operations, and Maintenance Program Annual Summary (2020)
In 2019 the Gwinnett County Phase I Large MS4 NPDES Permit required the County to apply new Stormwater Performance Standards for New Development and Redevelopment on or before December 10, 2020. The new Stormwater Performance Standards requires that final design of a construction project includes retention of the first 1.0 inch of rainfall on site. Because of this requirement, an update to the Gwinnett County Stormwater Management Manual (GCSMM) was necessary. In addition to this change, the GCSMM also includes addresses other minor changes. The Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners adopted Version 2.0 of the GCSMM on 10/6/2020, and it will be effective 12/10/2020.
- Stormwater Management Manual Version 1, in effect until December 10, 2020
- Stormwater Management Manual (After December 10, 2020)
- Comprehensive As-built Stormwater BMP Review Checklist
- Comprehensive As-built Stormwater BMP Review Checklist Fillable Form Version