Enjoy your parks safely!
– September 4, 2020
In an evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic, certain areas within parks are closed. Residents are encouraged to enjoy the outdoors for exercise and mental and physical health, while following social distancing guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Things to know before you go
- Water fountains are closed; bring your own water to stay hydrated
- Maximum occupancy of 50 at any amenity such as pavilions, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, playgrounds, skate parks, or ball fields
- Use a "Leave No Trace" mentality. Bring a suitable trash bag and take everything out to help protect others
- Follow CDC guidelines such as:
- Practice social distancing; maintain a distance of six feet or more between people from different households at all times
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently; carry hand sanitizer
- Practice coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Wear a face covering as much as possible when in public
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness
- Avoid gathering with others not in your household
- Pavilion Rental and Usage Guidelines:
- Large pavilion maximum occupancy: 50
- Small pavilion maximum occupancy: 25
- No use of shared equipment, such as bounce houses or inflatable slides
- Tennis Court and Outdoor Pickleball Court Guidelines:
- Players should use their own ball and avoid touching other player’s sports equipment
- When playing doubles, avoid all incidental contact
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet, or other equipment
- Use racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends of the court
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break
- Dog Park Guidelines
- Limit 50 people in each area
- No toys or balls allowed
- Only let your dog drink from their own bowl
Visitors to the park amenities such as interactive fountains, basketball or sand volleyball courts, ball fields, playgrounds, trails, dog parks, skate areas, tennis/pickleball courts, fishing areas, disc golf courses, outdoor walking tracks, horseshoe pits, bocce ball courts, open meadows, or Collins Hill Golf Course should comply with posted guidelines.
Virtual Park Experience
Enjoy a virtual visit to the park and discover something new!